illumination of streets, it is more comfortable and safer to travel around the city, which
improves the life of a modern person.
How it all began.
A little bit of mathematics.
Let’s calculate the benefits of using LED lighting. For example, the parking of a large shopping center is illuminated by 120 lamps. If these are HPS lamps (sodium-vapor, orange glow), then, given their power of 400W, we get hourly power consumption:
0,4 kW x 120 pcs = 48 kW/per day.
Lighting, on average, works 9 hours a day. We get electricity consumption per day:
48 kW/h x 9 h = 432 kW/per day.
And for the whole year:
432 kW/h x 365 days = 157680 kW.
If the cost of electricity is about 0.1E per 1 kW, the annual electricity consumption will be:
0.1 EURO x 157680 kW = 15768 EURO per year.
If you illuminate the same parking with LED lights with the same light intensity, then you can use lamps with a power of only 100W (against 400 for old-style lamps). We get daily power consumption:
0,1 kW x 120 pcs x 9 hours = 108 kW/per day.
Accordingly, the annual electricity consumption:
108 kW/per day x 365 days = 39420 kW.
Monetary equivalent will be:
39420 kW x 0.1 EURO = 3942 EURO/per year.
This is 4 times less, compared with the HPS lamps! In other words, only the transition to the use of street LED luminaries for such parking will save:
15768 EURO – 3942 EURO = 11826 EURO each year.
And this is the price of a brand-new car!
And what else does LED lighting do?
Using light control systems based on dimmable street lights can save another 40% of electricity, i.e. 3942 EURO x 40% = 1577 EURO. The total cost savings for electricity will be:
11826 EURO + 1577 EURO = 13402 EURO.
But this is not all the advantages of Smart LED lighting!
- bright, even lighting with a favorable color temperature and excellent color reproduction;
- energy saving both due to greater energy efficiency and to the efficient use of the luminous flux based on the intelligent control system;
- long lifetime, thanks to a fundamentally new design of the light source and a gentle mode of operation that the control system provides;
- usability: the sodium-vapor lamp requires 10 to 15 minutes to enter the operating mode, and at negative temperatures it may not start at all. Besides, there may be problems with restarting the lamp if it was switched off. LED lamps are deprived of all these drawbacks: they are switched on multilaterally and independently of the ambient temperature;
- a reduction in electricity consumption entails a decrease in the emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, which is very important for the modern world. A company that pays attention to this issue shows its social responsibility and creates a positive image among its current and potential customers.